Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 9

So nice to wake up to see mountains. We are in Laramie Wyoming for the day. All around were mountains, and directly in front of the truck, way in the distance, you could even see snow caps. I was never in a position good enough to photograph from that angle, though. I worked very little and read a lot and napped a little. Me and Sparkle got out and walked around a while, taking in the scenery. It was very warm and sunny today, so it was a nice day to be outside.

We got load information for our next load. We pick up in Springville Utah and go right back the way we came, down I-80, to Streetsboro Ohio. Boring scenery that we have seen just about every trip, but at least it is a lot of miles, which is crucial at this point.


Bigfoot got up mid afternoon and we left there while there was still plenty of daylight, so I got lots of pictures coming through Wyoming. Unfortunately, most of them were a bit blurry. I posted the best ones I got. I am very excited……..Utah is next. I really like Utah, but sadly we will be coming in to it in the dark and I will miss seeing Parley’s Canyon coming in from the east.


We stopped at the Salt Lake terminal and Bigfoot had some minor maintenance done on the truck and then we took showers at 3:00 in the morning. From there, Springville. We did get to dump the bum trailer and get a preloaded one from the Nestle plant. Thank goodness. I have seen all I am going to see tonight. I am going to look at the back of my eyelids for a while.


Truck stop view!

The view from the truck stop.......see our truck?

The view from the front of the truck stop.

I-80 leaving the truck stop, Laramie Wyoming.

I-80 coming through Wyoming.

I-80 coming through Wyoming.


Pretty pink clouds.


I liked this rock formation with the pink clouds.

I-80 coming through Wyoming.

Isn't this pretty?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pics -- have been on the phone with Ryan -- he is going deep sea fishing with a Germantown graduate. I am going to go to Meemaws in a second -- will look/read this more carefully when I get home.

Unknown said...

I re-read day 9, and then realized I had MISSED day 8 -- so I had two nice stories to read! My favorite pic is the last one of the sky, rocks and water. Beautiful!!!

It's late and I'm sleepy -- off to read a little then fall asleep -- another exciting day is over...

Love and misses -- Momma

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?