Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 14

We did not get much sleep last night after our fun night with Kathy and having to get up very early this morning to go pick up our trailer and head over to pick up our load that goes to Wisconsin. Of course, I continued to sleep for a little while and by the time I woke up, we were already back at the truck stop in Richfield to weigh the truck. We left Ohio headed for Wisconsin. It was an uneventful day except for terrible rain and lightning for part of the trip.

Unfortunately, we got into Chicago at just about rush hour and it seemed like it took FOREVER to get through there. The only good part of that was that moving so slow, I was able to get some good photos of the city. We went right past downtown. We passed the sign pointing us to Harpo Studios, but I only got a too blurry picture. I am sure Oprah will be sorry she missed us. Maybe next time, O.

We made it to a truck stop just outside of Chicago. I was getting a little work done and looked out the window to see that God had sent me another gift………another gorgeous night sky.


Bigfoot is asleep and I am going to visit with my friends the vampires and werewolves of the Twilight saga for a little while and then head off to beddy bye myself.

Here comes Chick-a-go!

Sparkle is very excited about going to the Windy City. She wants to see Oprah.


It is a pretty city.......from here.


Another angle.

And another.........
The Sears Tower.

This is the subway platform......the Metra they call it.

And here is the Metra.

Cool.

Isn't this just gorgeous.

Magnificent.

3 comments:

christyzee said...

welcome to my neck of the woods! I really enjoyed your blog, thank you for sharing!
blessings and a safe trip!

Unknown said...

Awesome sunset photos! It was great talking with you yesterday. I miss our daily talks.
I think you should contact Oprah and tell her about your adventures. I believe she's never had a guest on her show who travels like you do and works at the same time.

Unknown said...

I tried calling you this AM -- to tell you that Kristi is in Wisconsin today too!!! She is in Antigo visiting Dave's parents, 'way north of where you are....wouldn't that have been cool if you were in the same area?

I will examine the pictures from my home computer as I need to get busy here. Hope you had a good night's sleep

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?