Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 6

We arrived at the ThermoKing shop in the wee morning hours and parked and waited for them to open. Once they did, they took the trailer in for repair and we sat in the parking lot and waited. It was absolutely gorgeous day in Richfield Ohio. Cool and sunny and pleasant and bright. Bigfoot slept and played on the computer after I was done working. It was entirely too nice out to stay cooped up in the truck so me and Sparkle got out and walked around. The place was very nice with lots of grass and hills and pretty trees and cattails in little pond/ditch thing. She and I walked around for a long time and then we sat in the grass and soaked up the fresh air. Another lady was in the same situation and she was sitting behind our trucks under a tree on a blanket with her little tiny dog reading a book. It was a truly lovely day to be outside. Once they were done with the trailer, we headed over to Solon Ohio to the Nestle plant for our pick up. Unfortunately, we were not ditching the "repaired" trailer, they just took it and loaded it. So, while we waited bobtail, I opened the emergency door in the back and let some fresh air in and I read a magazine for a while and Bigfoot played on the computer. I decided to be productive and vacuum the truck since it had not been done in a while and in the process, I found Bigfoot's phone. Whew!
We got our bum trailer back and left Ohio, heading to Springville Utah. The reefer unit on the trailer is still not working right, so we had to stop several times and check on it and Bigfoot had to communicate with the OTR folks to determine what to do with it. They got it stable and we proceeded onward. We made it through Ohio and into Indiana. We are traveling toll roads in both states, which stinks, except for the fact that every 15-20 miles there are travel plazas, which are like rest areas and truck stops combined. They are all a little different with different combinations of eateries inside. Lots of truck parking, too. I went to sleep after a hellish night of work from a doctor who will remain unnamed. Bigfoot woke me up and we had stopped at a Travel Plaza for the night. We are somewhere in Indiana..........We will see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I waw glad to hear you got out and moved around and enjoyed the pleasant weather. I think that would be good for you rather than being cooped up as you said, 24/7

I was disappointed at no pictures -- but then I DO owe you some Ori pictures, don't I?!?!? I'll try to do that if I am not too pooped after Meemaw "duty" tonight. Uncle Ed was shocked to see the difference in Meemaw when he got home after being gone 6 or 7 weeks.

Physically she is still okay, but her mental and vocal skills are really deteroriating....so sad.

Back to my work! Love and miss U.

Mom

Unknown said...

I was glad to hear you got out and moved around and enjoyed the pleasant weather. I think that would be good for you rather than being "cooped up" as you said, 24/7

I was disappointed at no pictures -- but then I DO owe you some Ori pictures, don't I?!?!? I'll try to do that if I am not too pooped after Meemaw "duty" tonight.

Uncle Ed was shocked to see the difference in Meemaw when he got home after being gone 6 or 7 weeks.

Physically she is still okay, but her mental and vocal skills are really deteroriating....so sad.

Back to my work! Love and miss U.

Mom

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?