Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 5

Today is Sunday and we rolled out of the Flying J about 10:00 p.m. and got to our destination in Springfield Virginia at 2:00 a.m. for our 4:00 a.m. appointment only to find out that they don't open until 7:00 or 8:00 and nobody there knew anything. Finally about 7:00, we got our loaded trailer and headed for Manassas Virginia, which was a total nightmare. Nowhere to park, late for our delivery, and we ran out of driving hours waiting. So we stayed there almost all day and left out about 4:30 in the afternoon going to Richfield Ohio. Unfortunately, we got a bum trailer with a faulty reefer unit, so we have to take it to the ThermoKing service center for repair. So, we are heading there now and who knows how long it will take for that to get fixed. From there, hopefully, to Utah.

I did get to mark another state off my "been through it" list.........Maryland. What I could see was nice. It was getting dark so I could not see much, but it is more mountainous than I thought Maryland would be. We went through Rockville and then into Pennsylvania. The Maryland and Pennsylvania state lines are apparently also the Mason-Dixon line. I thought there would have been a sign designating that, but there wasn't. I just saw it in our travel book. I wanted a picture of it, but it was not to be.

Bigfoot lost his phone somewhere, so that is not good, since I have to pay for minutes on mine. Nights and weekends from now on, I guess, since I get free calling then. Sigh!

Just a few minutes of Pennsylvania is all I will see tonight. I hear the bed calling me.............
Zoom in to see some wildlife.......gopher? I am not sure. We were parked alongside the road in Manassas Virginia and he was hanging out inside this fence.

So crazy!

Sparkle, checking out the top bunk!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you are having such a bum trip -- hopefully it will improve as you go along.

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?