Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 17

When I woke up this morning, Bigfoot was sound asleep, even though I had heard his alarm go off. He had “snoozed” it and went back to sleep. When I woke him up, he was quite alarmed about the time and jumped up and we left. We were sleeping at the Hillshire Farm plant in New London Wisconsin. We did my favorite thing today……drove on rural highways instead of major interstates and got to see some very pretty places in Wisconsin. Gorgeous flowers, Amish homes, quaint little towns (one called Wild Rose), and lots and lots of green. Aunt Bet is right, Wisconsin is very lovely.

Wisconsin

Wisconsin


Wisconsin

Wisconsin

Around Black River Falls Wisconsin

We crossed the Mississippi River from Wisconsin to Minnesota. The river was very pretty and so was Minnesota. As we were traveling along in Minnesota on I-90, I saw a billboard that said 16,500 square feet of SPAM with a SPAM can. I was intrigued, so I Googled Minnesota SPAM and found the neatest website called www.roadsideamerica.com. There I found that there is a SPAM museum in Austin Minnesota. I read all about it and we passed by it, but of course, we did not get to stop. I keep forgetting we are truckers and not tourists, which stinks. I was not quick enough to get a picture of the SPAM billboard, but then again, who knew to be on the lookout for SPAM museum advertisement.

Mississippi River in Minnesota

Mississippi River in Minnesota

Welcome to Minnesota

Mississippi River in Minnesota

Minnesota, just out of Wisconsin

We are still moving and we have made it as far as Kansas City. I think we are going to stop in Oklahoma somewhere after while. It is time now for me to go back to sleep!

1 comments:

Jackie Blue said...

Hi....I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy traveling with you on your blog....lol....my hubby and I did exactly what you and Bigfoot are doing only forever and a day ago...boy, could I share some stories...lol.....but do not want to fill up the space here!!
I was surprised last week when you guys were in my hometown (Canton, Oh).
Please keep safe!

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?