Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 27

Today was an awesome day! We woke up in Nashville and headed for Goodlettsville for our delivery. I was very excited to get the day started because I am going to see my momma today. We sat at the delivery warehouse WAY too long and were late heading to Jackson, but Momma was sitting on ready, waiting for the word. I called her when we left and we had perfect timing. She got to the truck stop about 20 minutes before we did so we swung through and she jumped in. We headed over to our next delivery with Momma along for the ride. While we were getting unloaded, which only took about 15 minutes, we looked at pictures on her camera of Ori and she checked out our digs. After we were done there, we went back to the truck stop and decided to go get something to eat. Momma took a few pictures around the truck and I intended to take some of Momma, too, but I did not have my camera and decided we would do it when we got back.

Who farted?

Me and Sparkle at the truck stop in Jackson, TN

Me and Bigfoot at the truck stop in Jackson TN

We ran in to go to the bathroom first and while I was doing that, Momma came busting in with a GREAT idea. Since we did not have to leave for Booneville Mississippi right away, why don’t we drive to Memphis for the rest of the afternoon and evening and she would bring us back. It was only an hour drive from Jackson to Memphis. Bigfoot agreed, so off we went. SO, I got to spend the rest of the day and night with my momma and my favorite aunt and uncle, Aunt Betty and Uncle Billy. We stopped at Momma’s house first and then went to Aunt Bet’s. Her flowers were glorious and we walked around outside and looked at them all. Their garden was full of wonderful summer goodies and I ate fresh tomatoes right off the vine walking around the yard! One of life’s greatest pleasures. Aunt Bet fried some green tomatoes and Uncle Billy brought in fried crappie (Fran, that’s a fish!) and homemade french fries from potatoes out of the garden, and fresh purple hull peas. HEAVEN! Even Bigfoot ate the fish and really liked it and he will not eat fish of any kind. We so enjoyed the visit and because it was unplanned, it was SO special. The only bad part was it was a short visit and I could not see everybody I know and love. We visited with MeeMaw for a little while, too. She was very excited to have company and as always, she is very smitten with Bigfoot. She is very interested in who he is and where he was “reared”. He humors her and answers her questions every time with patience. Reluctantly, we left about 9:30 going back to Jackson. We were very tired from an exciting day and fell out as soon as we got back to the truck.
Another exciting aspect of this day was that Momma brought my foot pedal to me and IT WORKS! So back to work tomorrow to start digging myself out of the hole!

I have seen some beautiful country this past month on the road, but I have to say no place has looked quite as good as seeing my momma in Jackson Tennessee or seeing that spot on Jack Bond Road that holds some of the best memories and most special people of my life. I love you Momma, Aunt Bet and Uncle Billy!

Aunt Bet & Uncle Billy, me and Momma


Me and Momma

Me and Aunt Bet and Uncle Billy

Aunt Bet, Uncle Billy, me and Bigfoot

My MeeMaw, telling a tale or two, likely the same one......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the dialog -- but I must say -- could you not have found a really horrible picture of yo "momma"!!!!

I think everyone who reads this will get a kick out of it -- but none more than me -- to know I was instrumental in making your day so special is -- "priceless". (But PLEASE find a better picture of me!) I love you so much ...

Unknown said...

Good morning!
I am sooooo happy you got to see your family! The way you described your visit to the garden, eating warm tomatoes right off the vine, to having fried green tomatoes and crappie (glad you told me what that was) just warmed my heart. I felt like I was right there with you. Wish I was! But ya think they would have picked a more pleasant sounding name for a fish. "Oh, I'll just have the crappie." lol OH yeah, I can see that on a NY menu.
I love your pictures and MeeMaw looks so sweet! I wish I had a MeeMaw to sit with and listen to her stories.
Miss you!

Unknown said...

ah ha, now I can comment! thanks for the sweet things you said about us. we love you back just as much! the pics are what they are, my hair is waaayyy too high! lol, i think it is my bending over picking those tom's. tho the visit was short, it is better than nutin.i will take it anytime.keep on truckin'love aunt bet

Unknown said...

I was glad to see this was back on your blog page -- I checked it this AM, and the whole page was gone!

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?