Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 10

It's Friday and we made it to the truck stop in Springville, a Flying J right at the base of the mountains. It was a lovely, sunny warm day so me and Sparkle got out again and went on a nice walk down a rock road/path. I took pictures and she enjoyed the fresh air. I stopped for a split second to photograph a sunflower and looked down and she had plopped down. I guess she is getting out of shape from all this riding!

I worked a while and talked on the phone a while. It was nice to just look out the window and see such lovely views all around.

For supper, we went south of the border! I made refried beans with fiesta cheese, a little milk, and salsa, melted all that together, topped with more cheese and my favorite, Taco Bell hot sauce. Served up with tortilla chips warmed on the dash!! I even thought I heard a Mariachi band in the background. OLE!!!!

We left Springville late afternoon and were coming through Wyoming as the sun was going down and the sky was SO beautiful with all shades of pinks and purples and blues. I did my best to capture it, but the pictures are a little blurry and somethings you can only appreciate with your own eyes. But, they turned out pretty anyway.


Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin…………We should make it to Nebraska on this stretch.

Springville Utah

Springville Utah

Springville Utah

This is the path Sparkle and I went walking on.

See our truck? Lovely view to wake up to, huh?

A pretty little flower from our walk.

Pretty purple thistle.

Parley's Canyon, Utah

Smile!

Frown!

A beautiful sky in Wyoming........

A beautiful sky in Wyoming........

A beautiful sky in Wyoming........

A beautiful sky in Wyoming........

Happy Birthday, Belle. I love you and miss you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am riding along with you -- and envious of all that you are seeing. As much as I miss you, I am happy that you are appreciating the world outside your own little corner of it.

I was sad when you reminded us of Belle's birthday...I miss her pretty face, too....

I am grubbing and scrubbing -- YUCK!!! But it has to be done... I love you!

Unknown said...

Here I yam! You are such a good tour guide and the pics are so beautiful.I enjoyed each one even the slightly blurred ones. who cares!I love Wy.and Utah, so pretty.even from the highway, the scenery is great.the truck stops were sad, i mean the flat ones that are generic.I hope you can be at nice ones,I worry about you walking on the little trails,keep sparkle close for protection,crazy people out there!I had not checked email in awhile,but glad I did today,you write so entertaining.i wuv you. roll on

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?