Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 8

I honestly cannot say where we were when I woke up. A TA truck stop in Illinois, I think. I sat in the truck all day while Bigfoot slept. I worked some and read some and slept some. I got out my little pot and made Red Beans and Rice for supper. It was good. Not like my homemade kind that takes all day and requires 100 ingredients and an 8 quart stock pot, but certainly tasty enough.
We left out around 7:00 p.m. and I stayed awake and worked some more. We made it into Nebraska and stopped in Sidney Nebraska at a Sapp Brothers truck stop and they won the award for "Best Bathroom So Far". (Sad when you keep up with those sorts of things!) Each "stall" was not a stall but a separate room with a sink and shelves and art and plants, ceramic tile and hooks that were still attached to walls with soap dishes that worked. I started to stay in there for an hour or so just to appreciate it. But, the road is waiting, so I had to go. I will remember it longingly especially the next time I am in a crowded bathroom, in a stall with a lock that doesn't, and toilet paper that comes off one square at a time, water faucets that either drench you and trickle out without any in between, and a paper towel dispenser that has the paper wadded up inside so none will come out.
I am going to read a little and fall asleep. Supposedly we will make it into Wyoming tonight/wee morning, so waking up should be a treat!

0 comments:

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?