Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 7

Today started at the Travel Plaza in Indiana. It was another nice morning, so me and Sparkle got out for a few minutes and then I had to work. After working, I was surfing around the Internet and checked in on my Facebook page and one of my dear friends who I have not talked to in years contacted me so we chatted on Facebook IM for a long time.

Bigfoot woke up late in the day and we got a bite to eat at the Travel Plaza and struck out headed West. We stopped in Peru Illinois at a WalMart to buy groceries. We were blown away that you could actually buy hard liquor in their WalMart. I am sure we looked like a couple of hillbillies just come off the mountain for our yearly trip to the fancy deepartmunt store in town. Of course, we did not buy anything, we were just surprised to see it. I am only just now getting used to seeing wine in the grocery stores in Georgia. Anyhoo, we stocked up on rations at the grocery store so we could stop eating out so much. Ever the frugal trucker.

I bought the Twilight book to read when there is no work and I am tired of surfing. I am assured the book is a lot better than the movie, which was kinda limp, I thought. We will see.

We made it to the Iowa 80, but it was very late at night, so there was not much going on. We piddled around in there for a very short period of time and left. I am going to bed and who knows where I will wake up. It will be a surprise to all!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another interesting "blog" -- hope you are not encountering any bad weather...

It is still dreary here, and my office is cold enough to hang meat in it! My toes feel like they are frozen...I am abut to eat, then I'm going outside to see if I can warm up a little

Unknown said...

another idea for a tv show...travel channel should have someone travel the country going to all the Walmarts to see what is different from the one down the road. safe trucking!!!

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?