Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 20

Ahhhh Kansas. Nebraska Jr. Flat flat flat flat…………..When I woke up this morning we were rolling through Kansas. First thing, of course, pit stop. We stopped at a dumpy little place in the middle of nowhere. When we came out, though, GOATS!!! There was a field of goats right behind our truck. I got Sparkle out and we headed over there. There were nannies and babies. They would come to the fence and eat grass from your hand but they did not want to be petted. Several were very pregnant and some were nursing still. If Sparkle came too close, they would put their heads down and butt at her. She was very perplexed about what they were. I enjoyed seeing them and feeding them very much.
Onward we rolled. I took some pictures of the flat farmland. I got a picture of a very pretty church along the way. As par for the course of this trip, more bad luck. Not seriously bad, just slowing us down bad. A Kansas state trooper wanted to visit with Bigfoot. This one was not to be deterred by his e-logs. He wanted to know all about them and give him written warnings about his e-log losing signal. We sat for about 30 minutes waiting on him to inspect the truck and do his little routine. I started to ask him if he was aware he was cutting into my allotted bathroom break time. Doubtful he would have appreciated it. Colorado, here we come!
Kansas.....wheat, I presume.

GOATS!!!!

LOTS OF GOATS!!!

More Kansas farm land.

A pretty church.
Denver turned out to be a let down. I was expecting beautiful mountains like in Utah and Montana but it was so much city that it was hard to appreciate them. It was disappointing. It is probably beautiful somewhere outside of the city of Denver, but we could not see it from where we were. It was much hotter than I expected it to be, too. I got the best pictures I could. We were not there long and we headed back to Kansas for the night.
And of course, in order to get the complete life on the road experience, I have a cold. Sore throat, headache, itching eyes, and throbbing sinuses. Woohoo!!
We are at a Pilot truck stop and we are calling it a night. I was promised Taco John's for supper, and I waited 400 miles to get it and we could not get a truck down where it was. So we came to the truck stop and were going to eat Wendy's, which is what Bigfoot wanted anyway, and they closed 15 minutes ago. So, we ate chips and salsa and I got the last burrito out of the warmer. Mmmm, mmmm, a truck stop burrito. Bigfoot got a ham and cheese sandwich. I know you are drooling on the keyboard at the mere thought of such delicacies!
Tomorrow, on to Kansas City. Don’t know yet where from there. Just glad to be done with this day!

Denver. You can just see the mountains in the background.

See the mountains?
Downtown Denver.
Headed back from Denver, I saw a little piece of rainbow. No rain, just the bow! Can you see it?
My butterbean.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Been a while since I had a chance to stop by and leave a message but I have thought about you at least 1000 times. Lisa and I were just talking about how much we wish we had the opportunity you have right now. Roll on Big Momma =). Sorry to hear you and Sparky have not been feeling your best, hope that is better now. BIG FAT HUG & A KISS. Love you #1 Cuz! ttyl

Unknown said...

i have read your blog(s), am too tired to reply -- got Meemaw taken care of, Lakin home, and the baby asleep. Early AM trip to Collierville. Hopefully this will be a really fun day...

THESE ARE GREAT PICS, AND STORIES -- HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER TOMORROW. LOVE AND HUGS --

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?