Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 6

Today started off in Billings Montana parked on the street outside of our receiver's location. After we were done unloading there, we pulled into the parking lot and Bigfoot got out to close the trailer doors and get everything ready to leave and I noticed something running in the parking lot. Two little critter somethings. I watched in wonder, not knowing what they were. In a minute, here come three back running and tumbling and rolling and playing. They were little baby prairie dog critters, about the size of chipmunks. We drove in their direction and lo and behold, there were tons of them, adults and babies, dotted all about in the grass. They were so cute and playful. Mixed in amongst them were lots of baby bunnies. It was odd to see wildlife so prolific in an industrial area. They were very hard to photograph, but I did get one picture of an adult standing in the parking lot. You will need to enlarge the picture and then zoom in to see it very good.

We left there and went to our second delivery. No wildlife there. From there we went back to the very nice Pilot we had had to leave the night before and picked up a trailer from a driver who was out of hours and headed out for Ogden Utah. It was pouring down rain when we left Billings and then cleared up as we drove. Almost the entire afternoon and into the evening was spent in Montana, which was fine with me. It was stunning. Snow capped mountains, rolling green mountains, huge vast pastures of horses, cows, and sheep. It rained off and on and sometimes it would rain while the sun was shining. I kept thinking I would see a rainbow, and finally, there it was. I got the best picture I could of it. We got off the Interstate and went down a two lane highway through some quaint little Western towns that look the setting for a movie or old TV program. I could not bring myself to nap through any of the beauty around me, so I managed to stay awake all day. Until dusk that is, when we crossed over into Idaho. I saw the Welcome to Idaho sign and the next thing I saw was the Welcome to Utah sign. I missed the entire state of Idaho. Maybe next time. We got to that delivery for our 2:00 a.m. appointment and thankfully that did not take too long. We slept there and the next thing I knew, we were parking in this Flying J truck stop. It was 4:30 a.m. We will stay here until 2:00 p.m. this afternoon.


Montana-Big Sky is RIGHT!

Montana

Montana

Snow capped mountains in Montana

Montana

Rainbow!

Could this be a postcard or what!?

What a view!

Snow capped mountains in the distance!

Prairie Dog, I think? Zoom in to see him!

3 comments:

Dianne Fortner said...

I saw the little prairie dog, AND a bunny in the backbround.

The scenery that you are seeing is just fabulous -- can anyone doubt the presence of God when looking at such majesty?

You are a lucky girl to see what you are seeing, and yes, I KNOW it isn't ideal, but it beats now seeing it, right?

Unknown said...

Hey
The pictures are fantastic! I'm really enjoying following your blog. Makes me feel like I'm right there with ya!
Those prairie dogs are so cute.
Fran

Unknown said...

I am having such a great time checking out your stuff. Brings back a million memories for me. I remember the first time I saw those little guys. I have a picture, I actually got himto eat out of my hand! Love you Keep on truckin =)

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?