Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 18

This day started in somewhere North Carolina. It is a lovely state and we passed Pilot Mountain, which was pretty.
Pilot Mountain Virginia
Looks a little like a boobie.......

Then, we proceeded into Virginia. Our scheduled fuel stop was an error and there was no place for us to stop so we were dangerously close to running out of fuel and then we hit Fancy Gap Virginia. Bigfoot knew we would not make it through the hills with a heavy load of beer without running out of fuel, but he was wrong. We did make it.........barely. We got to the truck stop in Iamnotsurewhere Virginia and it was a madhouse, similar to the one several nights ago. However, we got a good, easy parking spot and stopped. My day went as usual, computer, phone, dog walking, sitting. Sure wish I could work. Sigh. I decided to try my hand at cooking again, so out with the little pot and dirty rice and this time I added cut up smoked sausage and it was DELISH!!! We scarfed it up!
The truck stop was right in the mountains so the air had some cool to it and the sun was bright. There was a HUGE meadow behind where we parked so me and Sparkle walked around back there a good bit. I know she enjoyed being out and about for a change. I try to walk around with her as much as possible when we stop. I am sure she gets bored, even though all she does at home is follow me around and nap in whatever room I am in. But still, fresh air is good and fresh mountain air is even better. Fancy Gap was beautiful, of course. I snapped some photos again, even though I had gotten some the last trip. Not sure how much ground he will cover during the night, so no telling where I will wake up tomorrow.

Fancy Gap Virginia
Virginia
Around Fancy Gap Virginia

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you doing a little cooking. It makes the road seem much more like home sweet home. The camp site cook set is the bomb!

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?