Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 17

Now, this is more like it. Waking up in east Tennessee, Greeneville to be exact. Mountains out the window and a cool little breeze in the air. Very nice. Bigfoot went to sleep and again, I played on the computer and talked on the phone. When he got up, we got a snack from the truck stop and moved on. This truck stop had homemade baked goods from a placed called Mountain View Bakery in Chuckey Tennessee. They had all kinds of wonderful things, cookies, breads, coffee cakes, rolls, brownies, carrot cake, caramel apple cake, and a pumpkin roll. They all looked delicious, but I limited myself to just one and I "selected" Kentucky Derby Pie. It is a little mini pie that is sort of a cross between pecan pie, fudge pie, chess pie, and caramel pie. It is so sweet, it almost gave me diabetes, but it was so delicious. I still have about 4 bites of it left, and I think I hear it calling me now! While we were there, we got our next load information and our patience was rewarded! A pick up in Eden North Carolina headed to Golden Colorado with a load of beer! I have never been to Colorado before, so I am excited about the trip. We went down the road a bit and stopped at a huge Petro truck stop and took a much needed shower. It's just about the best thing in the world. We sat there for a while and I went to sleep. Bigfoot woke me up about 2:30 a.m. and said we were near WalMart, if I wanted to get groceries. So, into WalMart we went for a quick race around for groceries and then on about 20 miles to the Miller Brewing Company for our pick up. I snapped a few pics of Tennessee, including a rebel flag flying way up on a hill. Better scenery should not be far away! Stay tuned..........

She really likes this........honest!!!!

East Tennessee Mountains

This was a beautiful shot, but I missed it. There was a gorgeous waterway running through the trees.

Southern Pride!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You know all is well when you see that flag flying =).I hate to think you were so close but so far, I will get you my pretty =). Oh I forgot Wizard of OZ is too scary for you. Forget that. lol

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?