Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 12

Another boring, uneventful day spent in Champaign, Illinois. We slept in a good bit and then left out going to Kraft for our pick up. That took a very long time, so we were there most of the afternoon. I decided to experiment with my culinary abilities and available equipment. I made some dirty rice, which we love, in a little pot that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It turned out perfectly and has given me several ideas for future meal planning. Photo ops were again slim to non-existent so I have two that I took inside the truck, which by the way, I think is getting smaller........

I spoke to Jocelyn (the babysitter) today while she was at our house. She put me on speaker phone and let me talk to the birds. She said that Rio got very excited and flashed his eyes while I was talking. I whistled to Beebe bird several times and he started whistling back to me. She said that she had been trying to get him to do it and he wouldn't. I think he liked hearing my voice. I sure miss them. She is enjoying them and taking good care of them. I am very lucky to have such a good friend.

We are headed to York Pennsylvania with this load. I think we will go through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, and into Pennsylvania. I slept most of this evening and missed most of Indiana and all of Ohio. I woke up in West Virginia for about 5 minutes and saw the entrance into Pennsylvania. We are at a HUGE TA truck stop in Breezewood Pennsylvania. I think it may be almost as big as the Iowa 80. Hopefully, we can get showers and do laundry here before we have to leave tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for following along!!!
Sleeping beauties.
Look at my beautiful rice!
Good to the last grain! Don't you love my fancy cookware!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pics -- I am surprised that you haven't been cooking "right along", on the trip.

I bet the minute you hung up, RIO started whistling and talking. That's usually the way.

I am covered up, so I will cut this one short!

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?