Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 16

We made it to Champaign during the night while I was asleep and I woke up in the morning, parked in the parking lot of Kraft Foods. It smelled like they were cooking vats of old lard. It was a terrible stench. Bigfoot slept a good bit of the day and I played on the computer and looked out the window. The only positive was that there was a bathroom right outside the truck. The negative about the bathroom was that the light quit working as I was dashing in in a panic to pee. I could not get the light to come on so I had to wing it in the dark. We walked over there again later and left the windows down in the truck. When we came back Sparkle was sitting in the driver's seat with her little head poking over the window. She was looking very concerned that she was going to have to drive herself home if we did not come back. We sat at Kraft all day, into the late afternoon. We left there and went to a truck stop down the road, fueled up, and headed toward Abingdon Virginia. When we left the truck stop, a terrible storm was brewing with lots of lightning but gorgeous clouds and even a complete rainbow. Those were the only pictures I got of another boring day.
Hang in there with me, surely something better is around the bend!

Gorgeous clouds outside of Champaign Illinois.

A complete rainbow from side to side with all the colors visible.


Where are my people?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute picture of Sparkle. The clouds & rainbow were beautiful. I saw a full, double rainbow at Aunt Betty's a couple of weeks ago that was the first rainbow I'd seen in a while

My CT Angiogram is set for 7/8, at 7:00 AM (ouch). It will take 1-2 hours. Then I go back to Dr. Vasu on July 13 for the "verdict"!

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?