Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 19

REDEMPTION!!! New Mexico definitely saved this trip. We left the truck stop this afternoon from Santa Rosa New Mexico headed toward Albuquerque and then on to Arizona on I-40. New Mexico was just mile after mile after mile of beauty. I took 94 pictures in New Mexico alone. I won’t put that many here, but it will be a bunch because it was just so gorgeous. Red rocks, black rocks, white rocks, pink rocks, gray rocks……

Of course, it is dark now and we have been in Arizona for about 15 minutes. I should get a look at it tomorrow from a truck stop somewhere. Nothing noteworthy happened today. We just rode and rode and rode. I really hated to see it get dark because I was not done seeing.


As we were leaving Santa Rosa, we could see rain bands behind us. This is the little mirror on Bigfoot's side of the truck looking backward.

Pretty..........New Mexico


New Mexico mountains.

I-40 in New Mexico

Aren't these pretty, two tone mountains!

I-40 in New Mexico

A little village at the foot of the mountains.

It's so much rock, but it all looks different.

I-40 in New Mexico

See the church? It looked like it was carved into the rock face.

I-40 in New Mexico

Black rocks along the Interstate.

I-40 in New Mexico

I-40 in New Mexico


We really liked this red rock face.

I-40 in New Mexico

I-40 in New Mexico

Self photo.......here is one way to get our picture together! Taken in the little mirror at the top of my door window!

Pit stop in New Mexico

A beautiful end to a beautiful day. I am so blessed to be able to see our beautiful country.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome photos of New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. So happy you were able to see all that beauty.
Miss you!

Unknown said...

great pictures!! I went thru part of NM once and it is truly beautiful. Hope you go south of of Flagstaff toward Phoenix as you will love the scenery there to bad you probably won't jump of the interstate and go through Sedona--it is really beautiful. love reading your blog. Safe travel. Randy

Unknown said...

I ran thru the pics -- still don't need to sit too long, back is tight and sore. I am so envious of what you are seeing -- and amazed that such beauty is part of our country -- hard to imagine such different terrain is right here in the USA. Looking forward to more pics and your stories -- love you lots.

Unknown said...

hey you are getting lots of comments on this trip!I loved each pic.Makes me want to go.The landscape is so different.Not the lush green we are used to.but we need to see all the different parts of our country.yo momma is here to feed the meem's.rave on.luv you

Rockin while Rollin


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

WHO KNEW?